1) Call-out meeting will be Tuesday, February 26th, 2018 right after school in the LGI Room.
2) Practices/tryouts will begin in March.
3) Any middle school boy enrolled in grades 6,7 & 8 may try out.
4) Practices will be held starting in middle March and continuing through late May. Practice starting time is 3:10, Monday through Thursday. Saturday practices do occur and are usually scheduled in the morning.
Matches Middle school match times vary considerably from school to school. Most home matches begin at approx. 4:00. For home matches, players will be expected to be at the golf course 30 minutes in advance of start time. For road matches, we typically leave right after school. It is important to note that we do have a few Saturday tournaments, which can begin at various times.
5) Golf practices last approx. 2 – 2.5 hours. All practices will end at the designated time. Please check your schedule for exact times and facility. Note: The middle school golf program can and will use the following facilities for practice and home matches: Zionsville Golf Course, Fishback Creek Golf Club, Golf Club of Indiana, Eagle Village Golf, Hickory Bend Golf Course.
6) ZMS currently has a middle school golf team, which carries approximately 12 players. We operate under a “cut” policy that is usually stipulated by the golf course. The team is made up of 6th, 7th & 8th grade students (depending on skill level). Criteria for team membership includes: scoring average, knowledge of rules and etiquette, classroom performance. Coaches will also evaluate swing technique and potential.
7) Season ends in late May.
8) Zionsville has a long tradition of outstanding golfers and outstanding teams. Each year, we have approx. 50 students try out for the golf team. Players are typically given three-four rounds of golf to post scores and display skill level. During the try-out process, student numbers are reduced to enhance the evaluation process. Note: Playoffs for final spots may be a part of the try-out process.
9) Currently, Zionsville Middle School takes care of all greens fees and range usage fees. Parental costs involve the following: team golf shirt, team hat, golf shoes, meal money or providing snacks for road matches. Any other costs to parents will be discussed and approved through the athletic department. During the season, we have an annual trip to a golf course we do not play regularly. Players pay a reduced rate. All golfers are required to pay the program support fee of $125.
10) Typically, the golf program will develop a schedule of snacks for road matches only. These snacks will be eaten prior to the match…usually on the bus in route to the opposing course.
Coach: Mike Wall (email@example.com)